Get Un-Jaded About Jade
Updated: Dec 6, 2021
Hey there! You're in the right place if you are interested in learning about the benefits of a Jade Stone roller, or simply want to know what all the hype is about! I'll answer all your questions and hopefully inspire you to purchase yourself a Jade Stone Roller! Happy reading and let's roll!
First things first; Jade Stones have been around for a very long time and have been used in the beauty industry since they were first discovered! Egyptians first started using Jade Stones in their beauty routines, which quickly caught on in other cultures. Shortly after, the Jade Stone was deeply immersed in the beauty culture in China. Not only did they see the benefits of using Jade Stone in their daily beauty routines, but the Jade Stone also began to influence their medicinal practices. So, even though Jade Stone rollers seem to just be trendy right now, it's a trend that has some history! The Jade Stone roller is not a modern gimmick - it's something that has been a beauty secret for decades! It's been advertised as trendy recently, but the benefits are tried and true! Now I've really gotten your attention, haven’t I?!
Now for the benefits that a Jade Stone roller will provide for you and your skin, because after all, that's why you are reading this, right?
Benefits of using a Jade Stone roller:
1. It can help with defining your face – work out that face and get that contour! What this means is that it will help to target your cheekbones and jawline to create a more contoured and defined look! (Using your jade roller in an upward motion helps with contouring and lifting and if you go downwards that is beneficial for lymphatic drainage)
2. It helps to even out your skin tone by reducing redness.
3. Promotes collagen production, which helps with fine lines, wrinkles, and scarring. Collagen is one of the best ways to encourage healthy aging for your skin!
4. Helps eliminate inflammation (meaning – it reduces bacteria build-up, which prevents future breakouts and helps reduce the size, pain, and visibility of current blemishes!)
5. Reduces edema, which is simply known as water retention/swelling and redness within the skin.
6. Helps with chronic skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
7. It's a mental and emotional aid (think anxiety, depression, stress, and memory improvement). You might be wondering how this has to do with skin health... but let me tell you! The less stress and turmoil your body and mind go through, the happier and healthier your skin will be, because of hormonal releases and imbalances.
8. The number one reason and the most important benefit (yes, I saved the best for last) is DRAINAGE! This is an incredible tool to help with lymphatic drainage. By encouraging some motion and detoxification in the lymph nodes the jade stone will positively contribute to brighter, more youthful, skin! Why and how you ask? Well, it relieves congestion in your skin, aids in blood flow (giving you that enviable glow), and allows your lymph nodes to work properly. Told you this one tidbit of information was important!
Okay, so, all those benefits sound pretty legit, right? Now I am going to answer your next question… “How do I use this thing?”
How to Use your Jade Stone roller:
1. Always use your Jade Stone roller on a clean dry surface (cleanse off all dirt, debris, makeup, and pollution, pat to dry *be gentle*) and start rolling!
2. Take your Jade Stone roller and start rolling in an upward motion. First, go up your neck, then continue this motion on your face. Be gentle around your eyes. If your roller has two sizes the smaller size is for nose and eyes and the larger size is for other areas.
3. If you are doing this at night, feel free to apply an oil on your skin and use the Jade Stone roller to emphasize that treatment. The oil will absorb deeper into the skin from the Jade Stone roller spreading it equally around the skin and will help activate the oils, giving you even more benefits!
4. If your skin is super sensitive or you simply want more of a spa experience, put your Jade Stone roller in the fridge. This gives your treatment that cooling, calming, and sensational element! (PS: this is also a great option for when you have a headache)
I have an IGTV uploaded on my Instagram with a step-by-step lifting and contouring massage with a Jade roller, and hopefully coming soon another video on how to do a home lymph drainage video!
Why Jade? Can I use any other stones?
Each stone has its own specific benefits and advantages, so choose one that you feel drawn to or which has properties that speak to you. Jade seems to be the most popular roller to use. The Jade Stone is known for having a serious calming influence on the skin, which makes it great for inflammation and skin conditions such as rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and acne. Jade Stone is also known to improve skin elasticity, collagen, and encourages lymphatic drainage (which we now know is SUPER important)!
Yes, there are other stones on the market that you can use! It all depends on what benefits and results you are looking for. The other common stones used in facial rollers are Rose Quartz and Amethyst. Yes, all will encourage lymphatic drainage!
I hope this answered a few of your questions! Just remember it is important to take care of your skin! Lift that roller to your face; I know you won't regret it!
“Rollers are like an incredible work out for your face”
Thank you for reading! If you want to add a crystal roller into your routine let me know! I have all three options (Jade, Rose Quartz, and Amethyst). In addition, if you would like more information, you can check out my sources for this article below! It's super important to me to do lots of research before sharing a product with you guys, and these are just a few of the resources I found super helpful!